We’re really looking forward to reading Spynosaur by Guy Bass, so it’s great to have him on the site today to take part in our 5-4-3-2-1 feature!
Five songs that sum up the last novel you wrote perfectly
1. The James Bond theme
2. The Dinosaur Song by Johnny Cash
3. Walk the Dinosaur by Was Not Was
4. Spy by They Might Be Giants
5. The theme tune to pretty much any 22-minute animated cartoon from the 1980s (but if you’ve got some time on your hands, check out Pole Position, M.A.S.K, and the greatest cartoon theme tune in history, The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.)
Four books you’d save from a burning bookcase
1. Dune by Frank Herbert – it’s a universe in a book. I’ve never read anything else that does such a good job of creating conflicting worlds, cultures and people. It doesn’t feel like Frank Herbert created Dune, it felt like he travelled there and wrote down what he witnessed.
2. George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl – the book...
The Glass Sentence by S.E.Grove
The Uncommoners: The Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell